Edward,

    I had the same exact issue from the same exact book, I am working with a
LS1010 ASP in a 5500 switch (pretty much the same as your setup). The
one of the interfaces, do a "show atm vc" (I think that's right) and you
will see a list of all VPI/VCI pairs, the ports they are on and the VPI/VCI
pair they connect to and the associated port. Even though you have only one
PVC statement you will see that the ports are cross-connected properly
(there will be two entires in the table). Also, when you look at the table
it should show that the VC status is "UP", if not there is another issue
going on.

    Hope this helps!

    Joe

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...