From: Mark W. Odette II [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 6:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Cisco IOS Docs Hardcopy? [7:49444]

I am the same way about having hard-copy to read from... I can't tell you
how many trees I've killed with printing docs out from the PDFs off of CCO,
and then tossed the print outs several months later because of too much
"loose" stuff on my desk.

I also spent 60.00 on the 6.1 PIX Docs from EBay, just to find out several
months later that the docs were available to me for free (thanks to a post
on this list many months back pointing out the "secret hiding place" on
CCO).

Indeed, you hit the nail on the head as to why I ordered all the Docs I
did: To have the resources to support just about anything I or my engineers
may come across.  But nothing replaces a properly placed TAC call.

All of these Docs are in manual format with soft-cover though, so it's not
like we have a huge library of Cisco Press-style books to reference. I still
have pay for the hard-cover.

Also, as someone else mentioned in an earlier reply, depending on your
SmartNet, you too are probably able to order the same DOCs for free.