sam sneed wrote:

> This is not the classcial router on a stick model. That model
> is for routing
> between VLANs on a router with 1 interface using trunking. All
> this router
> is doing is taking packets from its eth1 interface, comparing
> them to its
> routing table and forwarding out the same eth1 interface for
> the gateway
> which is designated for the 192.168.2.0 network. This is
> totally legitmate
> and no secondary or subinterfaces are needed.

I agree with Sam that this is not the classical router on a stick model.
Although it may help to understand what is happening to call this router on
a stick, your situation is not what is usually described by that phrase. The
phrase is used when you have a single router interface that is doing
inter-VLAN routing. That's not what you have. You have a typical case where
the default gateway can't get to the destination network except by sending
the packet back out to another box on the LAN.

Not a big deal, but just thought you might want to know that you could
confuse people by calling this "router on a stick."

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com