I would added eigrp stub connected on spoke routers (I think you need ios
12.0) if you don't do that, based in my experience, you're going to have
SIAs on your backbone. See the following link:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120limit/120s/120s15/eigrpstb.htm

Steven, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you use ip default network, all
other routes are being announced anyway?