Yes of course, you need to summarize on hub and use stub on spoke routers.
Anyway, I think that if you don't really need this feature you mustn't use
it and I wouldn't use it if my topology wasn't truly hub-and-spoke....I had
to use it because some of my spoke routers (2500 & 2600) had very big route
tables and little memory.
Regards, David

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120