On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 08:36:50AM +0000, David j wrote:

> Talking about Procurve switches, anybody knows if hp L3-switches have a
> redundancy system like HSRP or VRRP?
> Last week I had to evaluate the possibilities of Procurve switches for our
> network, but I wasn't able to see any reference to redundancy on
www.hp.com.
> I presume they support some kind of redundancy, but I would be greatful if
> you could show me some links for checking that..

HP switches for backbone eg: 9304M,9308M  does support VRRP
http://www.hp.com/rnd/products/pdf/9304m.pdf
http://www.hp.com/rnd/products/pdf/9308m.pdf
(See at the communications specs)

And how you configure the VRRP is at
http://www.hp.com/rnd/support/manuals/93xx_6308.htm
especially at:
http://www.hp.com/rnd/support/manuals/pdf/release_06628_07110/Bk2_Ch12_VRRP_VRRPE.pdf
and
http://www.hp.com/rnd/support/manuals/pdf/release_06628_07110/Bk3_Ch18_VRRP_cmds.pdf

--
If you want to send me private mail, send it instead to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] is deleted automatically every day at