On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 11:00:31AM +0000, David j wrote:

> Thank you very much indeed for the links,Irwan. What about new 5300xl
> series? do they also support vrrp? I think that without redundancy they
lose
> much of their attractive..

5300 XL doesn't support VRRP. It is seems supposed to work as a high end
distribution switch/entry backbone switch which is similar to Cisco 4000
Series.
The only weakness of 5300 XL compared to 4000 is only 5300 doesn't
support in-line power for IP telephony like Cisco 4000, but I don't
think IP telephony is a big problem since I believe VOIP is still a
better solution than IP Telephony since you don't need a special
telephone device for that.