On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 11:00:18AM -0700, Larry Letterman wrote:

> The numbers speak for theirself...
>
> If you want to buy something cheaper, thats fine ...
> If your comparing something based on price and similar performance
> then you should have stated so in the 1st post...
>
> And yes, the hp boxes are cheaper than cisco boxes of the same caliber..
>
> But hP's 25xx series does not outperform the cisco 35xx and the 9xxx
> does not outperform the 6xxx...
>
> and I still have 2924/3524 switches that dont exhibit the problems you say
> you
> have....
>
> and we still welcome the competition...:)

Great, there will never be any manufacturer that claim that their
product is not the best one. Why don't you read the report from Tolly
group http://www.hp.com/rnd/pdfs/Tolly_Jan01.pdf and investigate it.....

You can say that 2924 is the best, 3524 is the best, but if the fact in
the field says otherwise then your statement is just considered as
a sales pitch ;).

A couple months ago came Cisco sales, and he was marketing and
presenting the Cisco IP Telephony product. There was one question
raised, and that was can equipments from other manufacturers work
together with Cisco equipment ? The answer is YES.
But .... later the salesman told implicitly that if you don't use all Cisco
equipments you can't call 911, if you don't use all Cisco equipments you
can't do this and that ;)

Interesting ...

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca6000/prodlit/supcc_ov.htm).

--
If you want to send me private mail, send it instead to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] is deleted automatically every day at