All, thank you for your input.  I have the confidence that I can do it, yet
when looking at the list of technologies I am required to know, it seems a
little overwhelming.  I do feel that with the hands on, and understanding of
OSPF that I already have, that it has made the study material absorb much
easier.  Thank you!

""Henry D.""  wrote in message
> Robert,
>
> In 1999 when I started looking into CCNA cert I didn't know much about
> switching, routing or Cisco equipment all together. I decided to go thru
> CCNP/CCDP
> tracks, as my experience was very limited. By late 2001 and after few
tries
> at the lab
> I got my number. It doesn't require all those years of experience. Having
> few
> years of working with the gear and some protocols already,
> should really help you out. With some dedication and support you can
achieve
> CCIE status within a year or so if you got what it takes :-)
>
> And as others have mentioned, this is just a beginning..
>
> ""Robert D. Cluett""  wrote in message
> > All (CCIE's and CCIE Written)
> >
> > I was wondering if you could help me understand what it is I am in for.
> > have 3 years of experience at tier 3 IP support with Verizon.  OSPF
> mostly.
> > I have experience with various Cisco and Nortel routers and switches.
My
> > question is this, knowing OSPF and circuit troublshooting is excellent
> > knowledge, but I know that is only a fraction of what the CCIE demands.
> > recently passed the CCNA, and have jumped into the studying for the
> routing
> > exam.  The only thing which seems tough is the BGP (I have not touched
it
> > before).  So, my question is, what can I expect from this road ahead.
Is