I like this statement....

"Times have changed, he said. Six years ago the technology was complex.
Certification was important because it told an employer and customers that
the certified professional could find his way around complicated networks.
But now networks are easier to install and maintain.
"Now they've dumbed it down to the point where a 12-year-old can install a
Cisco router," Mazurek said.

Mazurek says that he pays little attention to certification when he is
hiring. It is experience that matters to him.

- A 12 year old, huh?

 wrote in message
> From the web...just posted for dicussion fodder, I'm not making any
> statements here or trying to discourage anyone...

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid7_gci8434
00,00.html