I understand your point. As  I stated they were behind on Internet
connectivity. I wouldn't recommend trying to run IPX over any WAN link,
ADSL, Frame-relay,etc. However the problem that I see is that clients will
not upgrade their NetWare servers to the latest version and use IP instead
of IPX. As I stated before, if the servers are running IP, than the Pix
should not have a problem with allowing connections through it to the
server.

As for your VPN issues, have you attempted to access a NT 4.0 server with
Microsoft's VPN client running on Windows 95 or 98? It's very difficult to
do. However making a VPN connection with  a W2K server with W2K pro or XP is
a whole lot easier.

If the server you were attempting to connect to was not running IP and using
BorderManager, than yes it's nearly impossible to make this work do due to
the Novell client problems with PPPoE.

I'm certified in both Microsoft and Novell, so I try to be as unbiased as
possible since both platforms have their advantages and disadvantages.

Donald R. Queen CCNP,CCA,CNE5, MCSE
Baker Robbins & Company
Technology Consultants
Knowledge, Solutions, Partnership