Ooh, good idea about setting the MAC address. I'll have to check into
that.  We all know it works with token ring interfaces but I'd never
played with it on an ethernet interface.

This subnet contains Windows workstations, Windows servers, Novell
servers, and Solaris servers so we'll probably see a range of
behaviors.

Thanks,
John

>>> "Kevin Cullimore"  8/19/02 6:17:34 PM >>>
Does this network contain servers? workstations? Both?

If the end-systems are running operating systems from the Northwestern
United States, you could push down a registry change involving the arp
cache
timer.

If they are dhcp clients, option 35 is supposed to be associated with
that
timer as well (I don't have equipment available to test with).

I'm not sure if there's a way to alter the mac address associated with
the
gateway address on the 6513 (documented or otherwise), but if there is,
and
you're removing the router from that network, that might be an option
as
well.