From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Hello Goodbye
Sent: Samstag, 7. September 2002 20:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: IPX and Timers [7:52850]

First, have you made sure that all the hello and hold
times are the same on all interfaces on all routers in
the AS.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/itg_v1/tr1908.htm#xtocid15

The default hold time is 3 times the hello time.  Is
there any reason to not keep this relationship?

I'm going to play with this in my lab this weekend to
verify that all the timers need to be set the same but
I have a feeling that DUAL will get messed up if they
are not.

Ben

--- hagedorn  wrote:
> Hy guys
>
> I have a problem with the IPX timers, if I would
> change the IPX eigrp
> hold-time , I can do this with ipx hold-time inteval
> ... command, other
> possibility is to change the ipx hello interval ,
> that should work but in
> all the possibility that I tryed out it will not
> work.
> Ciscos statement is ----  if the hold time is
> smaller then twice a hello
> interval , the timers should be synchronize. ( will
> not work ) any ideas are
> VERY welcome.
> Other if i change the Hold time of 60 seconds on a
> ethernet , the ipx hello
> interval will stay on 5 seconds , no synch??
> now if someone cxan help me to get this question
> answered , that would be
> super.
>
> Regards Philipp
>
> PS: Already tryed several IOS version. Not work
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://finance.yahoo.com