Team,
Could any tell me what I am doing wrong....I am trying to bring up my
token-ring interface up? I connect the TR interface with a Token Ring
4-16 - media filter via a rj45 strait cable to mau(smc elite mau 4016rn),
but the interface is always in init mode and the port status light on the
mau is switching between on and off repeatedly.

r3#show int token0
TokenRing0 is initializing, line protocol is down
  Hardware is TMS380, address is 0008.de1c.6666 (bia 0008.de1c.6666)
  MTU 4464 bytes, BW 16000 Kbit, DLY 630 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation SNAP, loopback not set
  Keepalive set (10 sec)
  ARP type: SNAP, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
  Ring speed: 16 Mbps
  Duplex: half
  Mode: Classic token ring station
  Group Address: 0x00000000, Functional Address: 0x08000000
  Ethernet Transit OUI: 0x000000
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue 0/40, 0 drops; input queue 0/75, 0 drops
     10 packets input, 304 bytes, 0 no buffer
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     24 packets output, 5932 bytes, 0 underruns
     87 transitions

#
r3#show ip int brief
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status
Protocol
Ethernet0                  unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively down
down
Serial0                    unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively down
down
Serial1                    unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively down
down
TokenRing0                 unassigned      YES NVRAM  initializing
down
r3#
r3#

Thanks,

JB

Juan Blanco
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling,
     but in rising every time we fall ."
 -- Nelson Mandela