Juan,
You probably don't have a bad cable or media filter, you probably just don't
have this MAU set up properly.
I assume you aren't connecting this MAU to any other TR equipment, right?
(Via RI/RO)
Make certain the 'wrap' buttons are set correctly.
If they are 'out' push them 'in' and you should be all set.

Good Luck!
Frank Merrill