Casey, Paul (6822) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to update your System rom: bootstrap version off
> another
> router.
> I think that mine is correct.
>
> I have tftped the flash: from another router and that was fine,
> Is it possibleto tftp the System rom bootstrap software.

Doesn't ROM stand for Read Only Memory?? :-) It seems unlikely that you
could update it with a software method that copies something from another
router. I could be wrong though. I'm sure someone will tell me if I am! ;-)

Flash, on the other hand, is what we also sometimes call EPROM (erasable
programmable ROM).

Priscilla Oppenheimer
www.troubleshootingnetworks.com
www.priscilla.com