On Feb 15,  1:52pm, "Priscilla Oppenheimer" wrote:
} Casey, Paul (6822) wrote:
}
} > Is there a way to update your System rom: bootstrap version off
} > another
} > router.
} > I think that mine is correct.
} >
} > I have tftped the flash: from another router and that was fine,
} > Is it possibleto tftp the System rom bootstrap software.
}
} Doesn't ROM stand for Read Only Memory?? :-) It seems unlikely that you

     Yes, it does.

} could update it with a software method that copies something from another
} router. I could be wrong though. I'm sure someone will tell me if I am! ;-)

     Nope, you're right on this point.  :-)

} Flash, on the other hand, is what we also sometimes call EPROM (erasable
} programmable ROM).

     Not quite.  EPROMs are those chips with windows on top of them.
They are erased by exposing them to ultraviolet light for some time.
Flash would be more akin to EEPROM (Electrically Erasable PROM).
However, I believe the technology behind them is considerably
different.

}-- End of excerpt from "Priscilla Oppenheimer"