You are right about this John!

When my wife was my girlfriend, she never complained about Cert testing or
buying equipment.  I was making $70,000 and could not afford to get
married yet.
When my wife was my fiancee, she started to complain about the certs.  I
worked 2 part time jobs in addition to my full time job to pay for lab
equipment, books, airplane tickets, a PIX 515 and 2621, both used.  I was
making $85,000 and hated my job came home at 10 pm-did weekends too.

I passed the CSS1, CCNP, and CISSP.  Wage is now $120,000 and I am the #1
engineer in my company working on wireless network design, policies, and
security.  I am relaxed and come home at 7 pm no weekends and I pay for
everything.

My wife now fights with me when I want to buy aironet access points and
cards.  I have lost this fight totally.  She has nearly stopped my Amazon
buying, although she doesn't know about the $1000 I just did :-), If I
even mention that I am taking a Cisco test, forget love for a week.  I
figure since I will have to fly to Belgium for the CCIE security, no love
for a month.   And get this, if I hadn't invested my money like I did,
Marriage would have been impossible financially.  Now she wants to quit
her job and have a kid yet she is stopping me from investing in IT with
training/books/devices...etc and she thinks I should be able to earn
$150-200,000 a year within 3 years!  (Holy Delusions of Grandeur!)  I have
no idea how I am going to finance next years' changes.  How can I possibly
make more money without investing in my education be it cert or not cert?
Certs are really not that important, I need all the training I can get.
Education is necessary to supplement on the job experiences.

What is it with these people????  If only I could be a Cisco Certified
Wife Troubleshooter!

A call center.

Something is wrong with my woman.
What is it?
She is not functioning normally!
When did this start happening?
It started back in March.
What happened back then?
Nothing.
Come on!  What changes happened then?
We got married.
Volia!  You no longer have the right specs for your woman.
But she was functioning properly for so many years.  Everything was okay.
Sorry, but when you upgrade from Girlfriend 5.0 to Wife 1.0, your entire
network must change.
What this was not written in the book nor was it on the home page.
Ha ha, it's a gotcha!   Welcome to Marriage!

Theo

"John Hutchison"
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09/25/2002 11:38 PM