John Neiberger wrote:

> Isn't this the reverse of what Chuck posted?  This is how I
> thought it
> was at one time but later I thought I had it backwards.  Now I
> think I'm
> just really confused!  Let me see if I have this right:
>
> A phone, as an end-user device, is a station and hence an FXS
> device.
> This connects to an FXO port on the router?

No, that's backwards. A phone connects to an FXS port on a router. I
remember this because a phone is an office device. That's just my trick, but
technically, from what I have been told, a phone actually is an FXO.

FXS connects to FXO and vice versa, just like the DTE/DCE example.

> A PBX, using a trunk line, connects to the FXS port?

No, that's backwards too. You would use an FXO port in this case.

Priscilla