On Feb 17,  1:06pm, "Priscilla Oppenheimer" wrote:
} John Neiberger wrote:
} >
} > A phone, as an end-user device, is a station and hence an FXS
} > device.
} > This connects to an FXO port on the router?
}
} No, that's backwards. A phone connects to an FXS port on a router. I

     Correct.

} remember this because a phone is an office device. That's just my trick,
but

     The trick is wrong.  A phone is a Station device.

} technically, from what I have been told, a phone actually is an FXO.

     You were told wrong.

} FXS connects to FXO and vice versa, just like the DTE/DCE example.

     Yes.  The ports on the routers are named for the type of devices
that connect to them.  They are really the opposite type of device.

} > A PBX, using a trunk line, connects to the FXS port?
}
} No, that's backwards too. You would use an FXO port in this case.

     No, this is correct.  A PBX using a trunk line is acting as a
Station device and therefore would connect to an FXS port.

}-- End of excerpt from "Priscilla Oppenheimer"