hey, friends, I'm always interested in learning something I didn't know
before. not claiming to know a whole lot about MPLS, but in terms of
operation, MPLS operates on top of a routing protocol, any routing protocol,
correct? Requires that CEF is enabled, at least in the Cisco world, but any
old routing protocol is fair game as the transport piece, correct?

So to me, the question would become one of the relative merits of any
routing protocol, without the MPLS issue clouding it. I would think, but
what do I know?

I suppose there are always the issue of interoperability.

I would certainly appreciate the wisdom of the folks on this group.

Chuck