Gaz wrote:

> I use Windows XP remote desktop to a home PC and connect to everything
> else from there. Bit of a strange set-up, but I use Internet Connection
> sharing on the XP box and all the routers sit behind that.
>  I suppose the security may not be wonderful??

No it isnt unless you have put some work into the security of this
machine.

> but to be honest I don't
> care. The XP machine can be re-built in minutes (ish).

It can once you realised it has been cracked.  How
quickly do you think you can spot that it has happened?
Are you also volunteering your time and money to fix any
systems that are attacked from your machine?

Peter Walker

PS. Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but the fact is that in
my experience most 'attacks' that I have experienced originate
from poorly secured machines that people have foolishly placed
on the net.