Depends on your definition of "open standard".  As far as I can tell there
are no RFC's for IGRP or EIGRP, which is pretty much the criteria for
something to be considered an "open standard" in the Internet
community.  Also, I don't believe Cisco has released the source code for
either IGRP or EIGRP.  Based on that, I would consider both routing
protocols to be proprietary.  I believe some non-Cisco companies have
interoperable implementations of IGRP, but my guess would be they either
reverse engineered it or paid Cisco for the code.

In short, by most definitions, IGRP/EIGRP would be considered proprietary.

Regards,
Kent