""Priscilla Oppenheimer""  wrote in message
> hktco wrote:
> >
> > When I learned it for CCNA and CCNP, I was told that IGRP is
> > Cisco
> > proprietary.  Until recent, I was being told that IGRP is no
> > longer
> > proprietary
> > and became an open standard.
>
> No, neither IGRP nor EIGRP are open standards. They are Cisco proprietary.
> There are no RFCs or other industry-standard specifications that document
> the protocols.

CL: at one time there was such a thing as IOS-IGRP. This was apparently an
IGRP cversion created to the ISO CLNS specifications. One can still see the
remnats of this on Cisco routers:

Router_10(config)#router ?
  bgp       Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
  egp       Exterior Gateway Protocol (EGP)
  eigrp     Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
  igrp      Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP)
  isis      ISO IS-IS

  mobile    Mobile routes
  odr       On Demand stub Routes
  ospf      Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
  rip       Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
  static    Static routes

I don't believe I have ever seen any documentation on this version on CCO