Hi All,

I am wondering if the VLAN number is valid locally on a LAN only or it goes
across the WAN link?  In my scenario, I have two LANs separated with 2 WAN
routers.  On the LAN # 1, I assign a VLAN 100 with IP address (gateway) of
10.100.1.1.  On LAN # 2, I assign another VLAN 100 but with an IP address of
10.200.1.1.  The WAN link is using a 172.16.10.0 subnet, and does routing
between 10.0.0.0 and 172.16.10.0 networks.

My question is that will VLAN 100 on LAN # 1 distinguishes from VLAN 100 on
the LAN # 2?  Can I have 2 different subnets with the same VLAN ID number
but sitting on 2 separate LANs?  Hosts in the first VLAN 100 should not talk
to others in the second VLAN 100 without using the routers?  Thanks All!

Thomas