granted there is a lot covered in the 3550 config guide - 900 pages worth.

However, rather than let yourself become overwhelmed with the amount of
material, it never hurts to take a few minutes and think about things, and
develop a study strategy based upon some solid analysis.

Let's see - there used to be a Cat 5000 ethernet switch and a Cat 3920 token
ring switch in the Lab. Now there are two Cat 3550 ethernet switches in the
Lab. What are some of the core technologies, things that are important in
enterprise networks, that you can now do that you could not do before?

Oh, and those switches have L3 capability. So how might they, as routers, be
integrated into the Lab? What are some of the things you might need to know
for a 3550 to exchange routes with a router, no matter what the routing
protocol?

I just this week received my upgraded lab packaged from NLI - you know -
b--o--o--t--c--a--m--p, and they have updated all materials to reflect the
3550. IPExpert has a new  book out, updating all their labs to include the
3550. They also have a deal with Gettlabs in a situation that is a lot like
the old Mentor model - buy the lab package and it includes rack time at
Gett. Recognizing that I was paid for my work, I think the Cert Zone 3550
white paper is worth reading, and the labs worth reviewing.

just some food for thought.

Chuck

--
TANSTAAFL
"there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/12111ea1/3550scg/i