""Khan Faisal""  wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Happy Holiday to all.
>
> I have some question that I would like to ask the group regarding OSPF,
> Fragmentation and MTU working together.
>
> I have a home lab where OSPF is running find over frame-relay hub and
spoke
> configuration.  The problem occurs when I tried to fragment traffic so
that
> Voice traffic will pass through the frame relay incase of congestion/or
> large traffic.  So I decided to implement a Frame Relay Class with
> frame-relay fragment 64 (since most Voice traffic is 64).  Now when I
enter
> this command, I notice that I lose connection with Spoke router.  I can't
> even ping.  So I enter the following command MTU 67 under Serial inter
face
> 0/0.  So it works find for pining and tcp connection but I lose OSPF
> Neighbor connection.
>
> Any help on this topic would be helpful.  I am trying to understand how
all
> these 3 component can work together?

"ip ospf mtu-ignore"  on the interfaces in question

this is as good a place as any to plug Parkhurst's OSPF Command and
Configuration Handbook, which I got myself for Christmas. Like the BGP book,
this one goes through all the ommands, and contains a lot of information
which, while in the Cisco documentation, may not be easily found or clearly
explained.

I haven't done enough with this book to have a clear opinion of it, but I do
believe that more training books should take this approach. I imagine the
reason they don't is the sheer hard boring work for the author, the editors,
and the tech reviewers. The good thing is that many of the examples can be
tested with only two routers, and even the more complex example use only 3
or 4 routers, yet make their point quite clearly.