The solution, which both of you really should know, is to have
up-to-date antivirus software running on any machine that connects to
the internet in any way.  :-)

In the meantime, she could browse to www.symantec.com and run the
web-based antivirus detection that they have available.  Once you
determine which virus she is infected with you can get more details
about how to remove it correctly.  Regardless, she should run--not
walk--to the nearest computer store and buy Norton AntiVirus of some
other AV software, and make sure she keeps her virus definitions
up-to-date.

Regards,
John

>>> "Richard Campbell"  1/2/03 10:34:01 AM >>>
Hi... Group,

I have a friend who received a mail containing screen saver attachment
in
her yahoo mail account when she is surf net at home.  She downloaded
the
screen saver and install it.  After installing , she found that her
files in
the my document become transparent in color and there are many extra
files
in many places.  Besides, she also found a notepad file in the desktop,

stating that she had been hacked, yeah.. (something like that) and it
can't
be deleted (It will come back after rebooting).  And its sound also
gone.
Anyone encountered this so called Hacker "Virus" before??  Any solution
for
me??

Thanks in advanced

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup