also one thing to point out is that even with a config of the like that has
been correcetly recommended you still have problems with wasted bandwidth
and CPU resource because someone is trying to send the request`s to you in
the first place ...
and also if you have any syslog logging setup they will be reported in
thatas well

ALSO someone could be trying to Hack you (snmp isnt that secure )...as has
happened to me

ANYWAY
here is a pretty locked down snmp config form one of my 7500`s

logging source-interface Loopback0
logging 10.*.*.*
logging 164.*.*.*
logging 10.*.*.*
access-list 1 permit 10.*.*.*
access-list 1 permit 164.*.*.*
snmp-server community  "snmp read-only community" RO 1
snmp-server community  "snmp read-write community" RW 1
snmp-server trap-source Loopback0
snmp-server location London Bridge
snmp-server host 10.*.*.*    "snmp read-only community"
snmp-server host 164.*.*.*  "snmp read-only community"

HTH

steve