""neal r""  wrote in message
> Thanks to the fellows at http://www.optimumdata.com I'm going to have
> a lab with a mix of 72xx and 25xx available for the next week or two for
> MPLS playtime with an eye on finishing that portion of my CCIP.
>
>    I've wrestled today with 12.2.4T3 on the 25xx, got utterly frustrated
> with 12.2T(anything) on an older 7206, went back to 12.0.21ST, and still
> didn't come up with a complete working system which might be related to
> finicky old hardware.
>

>    If anyone has words of wisdom on which images would be appropriate
> for an MPLS lab I'd sure love to hear it.

This comes up in my job occasionally, so just to refresh my memory, I dug
around a little bit with the IOS Software Advisor. I came up with a general
impression that on the 72xx you need an enterprise release, usually ( not
always ) in the T train. SA also states clearly that YMMV You might also try
a service provider image SA came up with a number of these, mostly requiring
128 DRAM there was a 12.1.9A image that required only 64 DRAM.

SA claims that MPLS is not available on the 25xx platform. SA also claims
that Service Provider images are not available on the 25xx platform.
However, the IOS upgrade planner shows any number of SP images for the 25xx.
for example c2500-p-l.121-18.bin However, when checking the features of that
image on SA, it shows no MPLS.

So I will have to yield to those who have pointed to other places to get
such a feature set for the 25xx. I've been told by other sources that MPLS
is available of the 25xx. just can't locate it using the Cisco tools at my
disposal.

HTH