"Cisco Nuts"  wrote,

>Very well said!!
>
>As I ALWAYS tell my students:
>
>You can go to any school (including Harvard) and you can be assured that
>you WILL pass the exams with a A, B, C or a D grade if you study the
>material.

At the undergraduate level. The graduate level requires you
demonstrate the ability to do innovative research.  The CCIE, in its
stated philosophy of not corresponding to best common practice, in
the possibility that you lose points for including useful commands,
and the logistics of its scoring push toward a particular school
solution.

>The CCIE Lab - NO way man!!  You can study and study and study ALL the
>materials and you will either  pass or  FAIL!!!!!!!!!!! It's a one shot!!
>
>NO way around this.  NO grades here.
>
>So which one is more difficult?? Take a guess!!

Big difference between BS and MS/PhD.  BS, I might agree could be
easier than CCIE.  Still, they teach and evaluate different skill
sets.

I'm not sure I'm articulating this well, but there's an underlying
analogy that says that a Super Bowl ring shows you've passed exams
more difficult than CCIE. Now, if you had an elite CCIE that required
you to configure while staying in the pocket and relying on your
blockers...

But elite NFL coaches may not have been distinguished players -- the
majority were not.  A CCIE certainly can configure and troubleshoot a
router---but can he or she design one that has competitive
functionality?  Don't get me wrong -- I know some very good
physicians whose hands I'd put my life into -- even though I know
their knowledge of the underlying physiology may not be very great.
Instinct and dexterity ARE requirements for surgeons.

BTW, I do consider this a fundamentally silly discussion, but I think
it's somewhat relevant for newbies to know that neither the cert nor
the degree is the ultimate answer.