Marakalas wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> How does one check the clocking that is provided by
> the telecommunications company to me. I just
> established that on one of my links in the network,
> our company has been paying for a 512kb line, and
> instead the line we're getting is a 128kb.
>
> Any assistance in this regard will be highly
> appreciated.

In addition to the other suggestions, I find Fireberd or T-berd test sets to
be far more common than frequency counters these days (or even cheap little
hand-held BER test sets).  Plugging in the appropriate module and
configuring the test set for recovered or "interface" clock will tell you
what the line rate is.