Thank you "The Long and winding Road", I did have left pointing arrows in my
previous e-mails.

Here it is again:

(my apologies for the wasted bw)

Ken,

I have two 3660 routers connected back to back via an OC3 link in a lab
environment. They are using IOS 12.0(7)T, IP Enterprise Version.

You seem to be missing the VCD ( Virtual Channel Descriptor) between the pvc
and the vpi/vci command entries. Also, the vpi/vci syntax appears to be
incorrect in your configuration. The VCD can be a number or a word.

Take a look at the ATM interface configs on my working routers:

Router A:

!

interface ATM1/0

 ip address 10.10.10.2 255.255.255.0