Amen!

We are not running any Windows SQL and are only running MySQL on Linux.

Here is what we turned away at the front door in the past 12 hours on one
20MB connection:

deny udp any any eq 1434 (205647 matches)

Here is Cisco's link:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sn-20030125-worm.shtml

CERT and SANS also have info.