Exactly.  I don't have it off the top of my head, but there's an article on
Cisco site talking about this.  Basically, if both ends are autodetect, you
should get 100/Full.  The main thing to be careful of is when one end if
auto and the other is forced to full duplex (regardless of speed).  There's
a problem with duplex autodetection when the other end is forced, and so the
autodetect will default to half, which is fine if the end that's forced is
forced to half, but not if it's forced to full.  So basically, the main
scenario where you can get bit is if one end if auto and the other is forced
to full (i.e. you *will* end up with a duplex mismatch).  All other
situations will resolve themselves properly.

Mike W.