Normally you would want to fix the ports on connections you know will not
change, like trunks, routers, servers, etc.  You do have to watch out for
vendor implementations however.  When troubleshooting issues with an IBM
2216 router (think 7507 with CIP) I found a tech note from IBM stating that
switch ports had to be in auto for the 2216 Fast Ethernet card ports to come
up reliably.

""Kazan, Naim""  wrote in message
What kind of problems if any will occur if we had a nic card set to
auto-sense along with the cat port?

Naim Kazan
FISC-SDS
WORK: 201-915-7347