At 4:57 PM +0000 1/28/03, John Neiberger wrote:
>Hmm.... you must have some freakin' long ACLs!  :-)  Still, that's
>pretty strange behavior.  I don't know if the feature is available on
>that platform but you might try using "access-list compiled" to allow
>the router to process them more efficiently.  I doubt that would even
>help this problem, though.
>
>If you're truly running out of config space try using "service
>compress-config" to free up some room.
>
>It sounds like you may be running into a 'feature' that TAC might be
>able to help with.
>
>John

There is a problem that affects some large ISPs with extremely long
access lists. I've seen Tier 1 routers with large warnings on the
console, "DO NOT SAVE RUNNING-CONFIG STARTING-CONFIG".

Their lists are too long to have the config fit into NVRAM, but their
workaround is always to load configs from TFTP.  Do check that you
aren't short on NVRAM.

This doesn't sound quite the same as your problem, though.