I think I have reached my 'rule' actually.  In a normal situation, I would
want the Internet ASBRs injecting default routes on area 0, as that is where
everything is passing through anyway.  This assumes a 'clean' environment
where the only things being routed in the OSPF AS are private addresses.  If
I had a 'messier' situation where public addresses were being used in the
OSPF AS, and generally existed on the edges of the network, I may want to
place the Internet ASBRs against these areas rather than area 0.

""Howard C. Berkowitz""  wrote in message
>Yes, it is an Internet ASBR, there are others, and its only purpose is to
>advertise a default route + local DMZ into OSPF.  The ASBR would get a
>default route from BGP.  In turn the ISP is advertising a default route via
>BGP into the outside router.  The plan is that if the ISP stops advertising
>at this point, then the default route advertisement from one of the other
>ISP connection points will take over.  I see it that it really depends on
>how much equipment is between the real backbone and the ISP connection.

Can I assume, then, that you only want one active access point at a
given time, OR that you want any given area to take the closest
default based on OSPF internal cost?