Jason Dimagiba wrote:

> Hello everyone, it's been a while since I last posted a message
> on this
> board >
>
> My question is:
>
> I currently experience a session timeout after 11 minutes
> running a
> query on  IE5.  I was thinking it may be the MTU size being set
> incorrectly on the router.

It's unlikely that suddenly after 11 minutes you encountered a large packet
that hit an MTU size problem. Usually if there's an MTU issue, a problem
happens right away. On the other hand, a lot of HTTP servers don't send full
packets until you do something wild like start downloading songs or video or
FTP a file. Were you doing something different at 11 minutes, like
downloading something, whereas you were simply surfing before?

Does it always happen after 11 minutes, regardless of the Web site you go
to? If it's always 11 minutes for any Web site, maybe there's some timer set
somewhere like on your firewall or caching server. It's hard to say.

> I may be wrong but has anyone ever
> came
> across this in their network?

Sure, disconnects happen all the time for about a billion different reasons.

> What are the things to check
> for?

Information. You have to gather more data about the problem.

Priscilla