Not real clear on your description.  You see dropped packets on
interfaces with nothing plugged in!?  Since you refer to the 6500 as a
switch I assume your running hybrid mode.  You also mention there is an
MSFC.  I ASSume again that your seeing drops on the L2 interface but
with nothing plugged into it is a bit strange indeed!  Can you send more
info?

   Dave

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer." --Winston
Churchill