Hello, Just set up basic Isdn b/w 2 routers using the default hdlc encap
and was working perfectly fine till I changed the encap to ppp, ppp auth
chap, ppp multilink and ppp chap hostname R7. Then it just stopped
working     :-<   This has been very frustrating!!  It started spitting
out this msg. on the screen:R8-G#
4d19h: %ISDN-4-INVALID_CALLEDNUMBER: Interface BR0, Ignoring call, LDN
and Called Party Number mismatch I looked to see if the called number had
changed even though I had not touched it. It is still valid and so are
the spids. R8-G#ri b0
Building configuration...Current configuration : 353 bytes
!
interface BRI0
 ip address 9.9.9.1 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf demand-circuit
 dialer idle-timeout 90
 dialer map ip 9.9.9.1 broadcast 5553000
 dialer load-threshold 1 outbound
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 isdn spid1 0555100001 5551000
 isdn spid2 0555200001 5552000
R8-G#sh is st
TEI
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-niter      Age         Seq#       C
Layer 1 Status:
ACTIVE
Layer 2 Status:
TEI = 123, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
TEI = 124, Ces = 2, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
TEI 123, ces = 1, state = 5(init)
spid1 configured, spid1 sent, spid1 valid
Endpoint ID Info: epsf = 0, usid = 1, tid = 1
TEI 124, ces = 2, state = 5(init)
spid2 configured, spid2 sent, spid2 valid
Endpoint ID Info: epsf = 0, usid = 3, tid = 1
Layer 3 Status:
0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
CCB:callid=801C, sapi=0, ces=1, B-chan=1, calltype=DATA
Active dsl 0 CCBs = 1
The Free Channel Mask:  0x80000002
Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 1 I am beginning to guess that the problem is
a HARDWARE one with the ISDN switch being the culprit. I guess as usual I
need to give it rest for a couple of hours and start it again for this to
work with just HDLC encap.  To think that I was told that the Merge
switch was the Rolls Royce of ISDN switches when I paid a "million" $$
for it last year :-(But if any one has any suggestions/advice, I would
gratefully appreciate it.Thank you.Sincerely,CN