I use ISS, NFR and Checkpoint for IDS stuff but am looking into doing Cisco
IDS on CAT 6500 stuff.

I would get all of 'em if you can afford it. Each has missed stuff and has
faults in one way or another.
I tried the Cisco stuff 2 years ago and thought it was at the bottom of the
heap then. Am going to eval it next month for a month to see what it's like
now. My IDS approach has been to stage NFR on the outside of the firewall,
Checkpoint Firewall 1's IDS runs on the firewall, and have ISS after the
firewall to wack anything else that get's through. Since ISS can tie into
the firewall that works for some weird cases but, as a rule, I am very
careful on how I use that feature as you can DOS yourself if you are not
careful and the intruders can use it against you as well.
I am thinking of using Cisco IDS on the CAT6500 ( core of network ) with
little or not signatures at first and only put signatures on them when a
situation occurs such as Code Red, SQL snake, etc., until network is clean
and then remove it again or something in that line of thinking anyway.

Anyway, that's my line of thought.......

YMMV  ( Your Mileage May Vary ) and just my .02 worth, etc., etc.,

Scotty