""Casey, Paul (6822)""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hello,
>

> I have ospf in to rip redistribution on a /24 classfull boundary, I
> Summarized/ area range(d) all the networks in ospf domain to /24 to get
them
> to show up in rip.domain.
>
> No real problems here, though I haved one network in ospf 200.200.0.0/16
> which is not showing up in  rip router.
> What can I do to make this /16 route cross the classfull boundary, as its
> prefix is shorter that the /24 network it need to cross  thus cant be
> summarised.
> Or should this route be capable of traversing the /24 classful boundary,
> automatically,.
> Any help  greatly appreciated.

depending upon your other restrictions ( is this a practice lab or a
production network? ) you can make make the receiveing router a RIPv2. Then
the process will accesspt the 200.200.0.0/16 CIDR prefix. In the Cisco
world, the RIPv1 routers will accept this prefix, *I think* because Cisco
rip1 routers can receive rip2 routes.

in a mixed vendor environment, this might not work at all.