  From: Bill
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 8:19 PM
  Subject: Re: Native VLAN question [7:64431]

  Hey Jim
  Supposing you take a new switch out of the box and don't configure any
  vlan's etc, all the ports will still be using a vlan. That vlan is called
  vlan1 and all ports are on vlan1 by default. The devices on those ports
  wouldn't need any router to route traffic since they all belong to the same
  vlan and can talk directly.

  Hence, there is no such thing as untagged traffic.
  And yes, to answer your question-all the packets you talked about will
route
  fine.

  I'll appreciate comments by experts on this list if I am talking correct.
  Sam

  news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]