""fred barreras""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> CiscoPress book for CCNP routing is very specific on changing hello
setting
> and having dead/interval setting changing automatically.

just like the documentation.

a couple of IOS releases ago, the trick question used to be, how do you
change the hello timer without using the ip ospf hello command. but alas, in
the more current IOS releases, changing the dead timer does not
automatically change the hello, rendering a number of CCIE practice labs
obsolete.

>I would have given
> the answer and said where I found it. What some people are suggesting is
> that when anybody posts a question the answer should be, "buy my book". If
> people do not to want help other people out, or at least point them in the
> right direction, then what is the point of groupstudy?

good question. seriously.

let's look at it another way

"Tell me the answer" or "I was reading this book, or doing this practice lab
and this point came up. I re-read the materials but I'm missing it. Where
can I find the answer?"

that's why I posted the link to the page on CCO where the appropriate
comands are found. it is also why I suggested that a good habit to get into
is to use the doc page first.

>Just like any other
> sire, this one is also not perfect.  I guess I just have to learn whose
> threads to bypass and not read at all. Just curious.  nilesh bothra wrote:

well, the list may not be perfect, but most of us on it are. :->