Is VTP dependent of DTP or is DTP dependent of VTP?.

>From the following statement I think DTP can still form a trunk even if VTP
domain is different on both switches. But I have read opposite statements.
Unfortunatelly I can not test it now.  Any thoughts?

   "The VTP protocol communicates between switches using an Ethernet
destination multicast
   MAC address (01-00-0c-cc-cc-cc) and SNAP HDLC protocol type Ox2003.
   It does not work over non-trunk ports (VTP is a payload of ISL or 802.1Q),
   so messages cannot be sent until DTP has brought the trunk online."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a0080094713.shtml