I learned this lesson the hard way a few days ago.  Had to drive out to
the remote site and change the VTP name back so the trunk would come
back up.  After consulting CCO (which I probably should have done in the
first place) I set all the trunks to nonegotiate on switches I planned
to change the VTP domain name.  Then I changed the VTP domain names.  My
users were happier the second time around.

Is there a benefit to DTP?

>>> "Priscilla Oppenheimer"  03/11/03 04:00PM

Hi Karen,

Are you back in the U.S.? Welcome back, if yes! I consider you a guru
of
campus networking technologies from the answers you give on
GroupStudy.

Alaerte and I have noticed that with DTP set to negotiate, the VTP
domain
name is exchanged and if it doesn't match the trunk doesn't form. Have
you
heard of that?

The workaround is to use the trunk or nonegotiate keywords to force
interfaces in different domains to trunk.

Thanks,

Priscilla