Manny,

A couple of thoughts, not necessarily in order of applicability:

1) Change the timeout values for idle connections for conn (connection
slot) from 1 hr to 5-10 min and change the xlate timeout from 3 hrs to
5-10 minutes. These are idle timeouts and will probably work for most
environments unless you have a lot of low traffic, long timeout
connections. (uses the 'timeout' command)

2) Enable aaa authorization for at least ftp and http.  Force users to
authenticate before using those services.

3) Log PIX messages to a syslog server, monitor it for xlate problems
with something like logsurfer.

4) Install an IDS system and monitor for failed FTP logins.

Obviously, these are not mutually exclusive.

HTH,
Kent