Was this NAT or PAT?

If PAT, and the client kept on trying to open up new connections, the source
port would probably be different for each, thus a new xlate in the
translation table.

Cheers1
--

Richard A. Deal

Visit my home page at http://home.cfl.rr.com/dealgroup/

Author of Cisco PIX Firewalls, CCNA Secrets Revealed!, CCNP Remote Access
Exam Prep, CCNP Switching Exam Cram, and CCNP Cisco LAN Switch Configuration
Exam Cram

Cisco Test Prep author for QuizWare, providing the most comprehensive Cisco
exams on the market.

""John Neiberger""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I don't understand why the xlate table would grow.  I can understand the
> connections table growing, sure, but did the PIX really re-translate the
> same internal address over 7000 times in just  few minutes?
>
> John

> strange that it would create another translation instead of using the old
> one?? I suppose its more an error in the client software thinking it still
> has a valid server connection and tries to open a brand new one then.
>
> the only thing that comes to my mind would be to expire your translations
> faster, but I've never done this, so I don't even know if its possible.
>
> scott
>
> ""Manny""  wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > I ran into a situation today where we had a machine that was trying to
FTP
> > through the firewall. We allow FTP outbound. The problem that came up
was
> > that the user had no idea that an FTP client was setup on his machine.
The