Hello all,

I've read in the CCNP Switching Exam Cert. Guide that a standby router that
becomes active in an HSRP group, sends a gratuitous ARP to update the ARP
cache of the end stations with the new active MAC address...

This is strange, since the same virtual MAC address is used by active and
standby HSRP routers.

However, maybe Cisco's implementation has once been like this, because I've
seen instances in the field that ARP caches contained the real MAC instead of
the virtual MAC address when using HSRP.

Can someone give comments on this?

Thanks,

Eric Brouwers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]